Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello and Happy New Year.

Hi everyone and happy new year.
I'm Mandy Lancia and this is my first blog post. I thought I would start off 2012 by creating my own blog. How exciting! Grace and Viola will be a blog about my life, style, and things that I like. After reading other blogs, I decided to make one of my own. Not only will it be a creative output, but it will be a documentation of my life that I can one day look back on.


This past weekend, I spent some time with my aunt in Chicago. Here are a few pictures from our excursion.


Our day started off with brunch at Toast. After a failed attempt at finding the Toast in Wicker Park, we ended up in Lincoln Park. The restaurant was pretty much a long hallway and a small bar of about six stools, but it was oh so cute. The warm holiday feel, exposed light bulbs, and shelves of vintage toasters made it the perfect place for brunch, not to mention the delicious food. And who could not love the big toast hanging off the building?



After brunch, we took a quick walk through Oz Park and then did a little bit of shopping at Hollywood Mirror. I would describe this store as a massive vintage explosion. I have never seen that many vintage clothes in my life. Due to limited time, I was not able to scour the whole store, but I will go back very soon.

I hope you've enjoyed my first post. I look forward to writing many more.
Until next time, Mandy

10 comments:

  1. Nice photos ;*
    U very beauty .
    I start observe ur blog ;)
    Ask round :

    http://laadyoffashion.blogspot.com/
    http://laadyoffashion.blogspot.com/
    http://laadyoffashion.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely excursion! That vintage store looks darling, you should definitely take some photos inside next time!


    http://just-gingerly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following my blog - now following you! :)

    Lovely blog!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I tried to take pictures in Hollywood Mirror, but unfortunately they were not allowed. I'm heading over to my favorite vintage shop next week, so I'll be sure to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandy, I hope you enjoy this new journey on blogland. I agree, I think it´s a good way to document your life and then be able to look back on. Have fun and Happy New Year :)

    Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome & Happy new year!
    I love the outfit you are wearing in these pics! I look forward to reading more posts from you :D
    Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy, I noticed you followed my blog and I'm glad you did.
    You're absolutely adorable and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you are so adorable and have SUCH a cute style!haha.

    I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER! I hope you can stop by my blog and follow me back too! ^-^

    God bless and happy new year!
    christine
    beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg. you have an amazing style. Rad. hoping to see more. do visit mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect first post! And I love your style!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete