Monday, July 23, 2012

Project Restyle: Black and White Striped Dress

dress: vintage. shoes: from my grandmother.
I bought this dress at the vintage bazaar because I love the pattern, however it hit me at a somewhat awkward length. I decided that it was one of my pieces that was in need of altering. So after awhile in my makeshift sewing room, this dress was shortened quite a bit. I like the length of the dress now. My aunt and I even share it. Even though these pictures aren't all that great, I don't look my best in 100 degree weather, I wanted to post this little project. I paired my dress with some of my grandmother's shoes. I was going through her closet the other night and found some really cute things. 
Until next time, Mandy

10 comments:

  1. I need to buy a sewing machine! Really cute outfit.

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable little striped dress. I really love the yellow shoes paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did to it!
    Sewing it such a useful tool to have.
    Happy sewing : )

    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute. How fun to find your grandmother's old clothes. Hopefully there will be more outfit posts with these gems?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great alteration job! i love it at its new length. :) you're a doll!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like the length of the dress in the original but you have made it way more wearable and look gorgeous in the shorter version.
    I lost my sewing machine in a move - weep - and think I need to invest in a new one...
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely on you, I wish I knew how to shorten dresses! Love the flats as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so cute! You did a great job, and you look great in 100 degree weather! Much better than I would!

    Christen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! wish I could borrow all of my grandmother's clothes. She's so stylish!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so adorable and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete