Thursday, July 5, 2012

Girls Rock Chicago

Besides zine making and hanging out in the record shop, Rookie Mag planned a meetup at the Girls Rock concert in Chicago. Girls Rock is a musical camp for 8 to 16 year olds who love music and love being themselves. I was so astonished by the level of confidence these little girls had. I wouldn't even be able to get up on stage in front of a crowd of people now, let alone when I was 8. They sang songs about individuality, confidence, and girl power. I appreciated every second of the show and was jealous of the musical talent these girls had. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I have no musical talent whatsoever. I've tried multiple instruments and have had no luck. While at the Chicago Music Exchange the other day, one of the guys who worked there even attempted to teach me to play the shaker. Is it really that hard to shake a plastic egg thing? Apparently, because I couldn't keep a beat. So I've accepted that my talent is just appreciating people who have musical talent.
Until next time, Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast!

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Girls Rock before and it sounds like an awesome thing!
    http://prettyriothou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete