Sunday, October 21, 2012

My First Boston Birthday

Nineteen years ago today, I was born. How weird is that to think about?
For the past few weeks, I have been saying that nineteen isn't anything special. It is just one of those birthdays that passes by. There is nothing interesting about turning nineteen. I mean yes, it is technically my last year of being a teenager, but that's about as exciting as nineteen gets. However, after this weekend, I realized why nineteen is special after all. I have the best friends in the world. Lately I have not been very happy about my college situation. I am not particularly fond of this school or the students or my classes, but these four people get me through each and every day. Who knew that after only a few short months together, I could be myself completely in front of them. I have never been one to make friends very easily. I tend to stay very reserved in any new friendship making endeavor, but this is not the case with these amazing people. Even if I get nothing else out of my college experience, I found them, and that's enough for me.
Until next time, Mandy

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I remember turning 19. I had similar thoughts...nothing extra special about it. In fact, I kind of felt I was never 19. Then, I had a "turning twenty crisis."
    But, 19 was actually an awesome year! I spent about half of it in England and Germany!
    I'm glad you've found those special people who can help you get through the rough days. I also hope your college experience improves! It is not fun to be in a place you can't enjoy!

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweetie, happy bday :)!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hoping that the college experience gets a little better for you, it sure would make life a bit easier <3 How cool to find so many new good friends in such a short time!

    Jenn - http://pinkdiary.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! Great photos - it's not quite fall here yet :/
    -Kelsi
    http://www.brightersides.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who isn't completely happy with my situation at the moment! It makes me feel so much less alone.

    And happy birthday! I hope it was a really great day! Your outfit is gorgeous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! :D Love these friend pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute post! great pictures.

    xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect fall outfit, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday, glad you had a fun time surrounded by those who matter most! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! These pictures are so awesome it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! And guess what? I'm having a giveaway in honor of your birthday! Just kidding - I'm just having a giveaway and you should check it out ;) Happy birthday nonetheless!
    xx
    Justyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww ... happy birthday from your friends at moxie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man i am in LOVE with what you're wearing. that's like the perfect fall outfit. and 19 is an amazing time, i'd love to have my teen years back! it's so fun and carefree and filled with silliness. Enjoy it :) And I bet you'll start liking your school situation soon- i hated mine the first year and then fell in love with it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday :) and the pictures ar beautiful :)
    greetings from Luxembourg ;)

    www.byveronicam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. such beauties! happy belated birthday! hope it was wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday pretty lady!
    That last photo is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday dollface. These photos are spectacular.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete